Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ANTO ACCORDING TO ANTO

A close friend of mine once wrote a testimony about me in my Friendster profile as follows:

“Reticent and shy on the outside, but teeming with creative energy on the inside, Anto Dwiastoro is a copywriter, scriptwriter, travel writer, and creative consultant, not to mention a romantic daydreamer and a casual seeker on the spiritual path.”

People may say about me whatever they want, but what I would describe regarding myself is like this:


A perfect morning for me is when I receive good news or surprise.

I always smile when I get spiritually enlightened or get a brilliant idea.

I jumped out of my seat when I got an admission to the University of Indonesia.

I give thumbs up to Michael Crichton, the author of Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Sphere, etc.

I cannot help but admire intelligent women and women in military uniforms. Seriously.

I cannot help but dislike conceited people.

I can never give up hoping to travel to Nepal, Scotland and Normandy.

I cannot get enough of writing.

I would give up everything to be able to rewind back to the time where both of my parents were still alive and well.

My perfect home is the one I live in with my wife and children.

The perfect woman for me is my wife.

The perfect man for me is Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of the State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I am so embarrassed when I have to speak frankly to a woman that I admire her.

The smell of Dutch cheese always reminds me of armpits.

If I had a million dollars, I would like to give some to those in need.

If I could go back in time, I would re-arrange my plans and efforts for the future.

If I could go to the future, I would say no!

Three things I would like to say to my younger self (during my stressful school years):
1. Have a high self-esteem
2. Never stop learning
3. Get into the spiritual path

My earliest childhood memory is having the domestic helper babysitting me during the entire day at school.

A perfect book for me is Cutting-Edge Advertising by Jim Aitchison.

I moved back to Jakarta because I was born here. After living in Surabaya for five consecutive years, Jakarta is my home.

A perfect holiday for me is going to places of interest not by my own expense but instead get a fee for it – vacationing for a living!

A perfect life for me is when I can realize all my dreams as easy as turning my hand.

A perfect hotel for me is every hotel where the breakfast has a variety of tasty menus.

I think in 2050 the world will be the same as today but technologically highly developed.

I think religion is overrated because it can’t give you happiness in this life. If it was for the afterlife, then I’ll start having a religion when I die.

I lie when I say I never lie.

My perfect Indonesia is a cleaner Indonesia in every aspect.

The one word that best describes me is contemplative.


Sanur Beach Hotel, Bali, April 11, 2010

No comments: