Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Divine Revelations

LAST August 26, I attended the Wagean (Wage Saturday, Bapak’s day of birth according to the Javanese calendar) event at Wisma Barata Pamulang. It is customary for every Wagean to play a video or audio recording of Bapak’s or Ibu Rahayu’s talk at the pendopo (pavilion) of Wisma Barata Pamulang. On that day, a video of Ibu’s talk was shown (I don’t know the date and location, because when I entered the pendopo, the video had already been shown for a few minutes), in which, among other things, Ibu said that when we completely surrender, no longer include the heart and mind, then all our questions will definitely be answered. Ibu also said that if we could get answers like that, then there would be no need for further testing; if we still insist to do a testing, that means we are not completely surrendering to the Almighty.

Listening to what Ibu said, I almost jumped for joy, if I didn’t realize that I was in a room with many other Subud members who were solemnly listening to the talk.

Ibu’s words were corresponding to my kejiwaan experience so far, especially in the last two months, where I was targeted by a couple of male Youth members who stabbed me in the back regarding a female Youth. So, the story goes, a young woman had just joined Subud, and I met her at Wisma Subud Cilandak. My natural way of connecting to people, by being myself, and communicative with lots of chatter, made the young woman comfortable chatting with me.

A new helper who is also my buddy warned me to be careful because he felt that there were several male Youths who were not happy if I was close to this woman. They felt rivaled by me, because the young woman’s attention was distracted from them. And they didn’t like my suppleness in approaching the woman, while they were awkward and shy. I personally had no intention of teasing the woman or that my approach had any sexual intention.

I didn’t ask the helper who they were, but I asked my jiwa instead. My jiwa told me there were several single Youths who had hidden desires for the woman, but two among them were ready to stab me in the back. My jiwa directed me to the two male Youths, whom I knew well and who were always polite in front of me. I said to the helper, “Yes, I know who they are. I’ll prank them, just see. I’ll let them know not to mess around in Subud.”

In the process, I often received during Latihan at Wisma Barata Pamulang the inner guidance in detail of what I should do so that my actions would look smart and smooth, without my two “targets” realizing it. I got the guidance to prove that it was the two of them who were most eager to put me out of their way to get the attention of the young woman. I don’t need to go into details here, but the point is that it was revealed that the two male Youths had incited the young woman to stay away from me, and even hated me to such an extent that when she saw me at Wisma Subud Cilandak she immediately left.

When I shared in a Subud WhatsApp group about a new member blocking my WhatsApp number and avoided meeting me at Wisma Subud, without me knowing what I did wrong, several Subud brothers and sisters said the same thing: “I don't think it was her wish to block your number, Arifin. She was instigated by her Youth friends who have a romantic interest in her.”

“Yes, I know, God revealed it to me long before today,” I said with satisfaction.©2023

 

Pondok Cabe, Tangerang Selatan, 31 Agustus 2023

No comments: