Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Dealing with a Demotivated Person

HERE is what I said recently to a nephew who lost motivation because he had been given an empty promise by his father:

“The biggest mistake that most people make in their lives is believing too much that things are the way they are meant to be. It’s even okay for you not to believe in God. Are you disappointed in life? Yes, go ahead! But as of me, I don’t want to be disappointed, because I don’t want to hurt myself. If you dare, change your life, no matter what people say—they can only talk but don’t want to help. Change your life the way you want.

You asked me a couple of times why I joined Subud. I joined Subud because it’s the only place where I can be myself, where I’m free to go crazy, where I’m free whenever I want to believe or not believe in God. You just sneered at me because I mocked God, but you’re depressed, right? Well, I’m not depressed, because no matter how much I mock Him He always gives me a way to make me happy.

The first thing you have to do is free yourself. From anything! You become sluggish like this, because your father broke his promise, right? Forget it, it’s over! Motivate yourself, that without Mom and Dad, me and Aunty, your siblings, Grandma or anyone else, you can be someone that you can depend on. It doesn’t matter whether you will be successful or not, what matters is that you can do what you love.

And if you are tired, weary, bored, burnt out like I am right now, just take a break for a moment, don’t drag on. It’s really fun if you can be yourself, not dependent on other people, not affected by other people’s praise or insults.”©2023



Pondok Cabe, Tangerang Selatan, 22 March 2023 

No comments: