Friday, March 10, 2023

Self-Dialogue on the Road

AFTER taking my six-year old daughter to school this Saturday morning, March 11, 2023—which coincided with my 19th Subud birthday, on the road while driving, there occurred a self-dialogue:

“Why are there still many Subud members who are less intelligent, even though intelligence is a tool that has existed in every human being since he or she was created. I remember I underwent a drastic transformation after my opening in Subud, thanks to the painstaking assistance by the helpers of the Subud group in Surabaya, East Java, through light and often hilarious chats. The helpers continuously encouraged me to be independent, and simply depending on my own receiving. The intelligence of my jiwa, therefore, came to the fore. Why? What’s wrong with those members?”

The “other me” replied, “What distinguishes you from the others is because before you were opened you only relied on your mind, and after you were opened your mind was touched by the power of the Latihan. You were liberated, and that drove you to just receive and follow! That’s just it: Receive and follow! Without daring to receive and follow with yourself being sabar-tawakal-ikhlas, your Latihan would go nowhere.”

I then stopped at a coffee stall on my way home, ordered a cup of white coffee, smoked a few cigarettes and continued the self-dialogue. For the most part of it I laughed at myself for being so stupid as to understand this before today.©2023

 

Pondok Cabe, Tangerang Selatan, March 11, 2023

No comments: