Friday, February 24, 2023

The Art of Doing Nothing

ONE time, a female member WhatsApped me, asking questions regarding the Latihan. I did a quick scan on the message, but wasn’t moved to reply. I was very busy with work at the time, yet until work was done, I still wasn’t interested in replying. I am not a helper, so I thought it was okay to explain things concerning the kejiwaan to the opposite sex, but at the time I was just not guided to do so.                     

The next day, she again Whatsapped me, to say thanks. “What kind of help did I give you that deserved a thank you?” I asked her in my reply.

She replied, “You didn’t, but that’s just the kind of help I needed. Whether you realized it or not, you let me get the answer on my own, from my inner.”

That was when it occurred to me that Subud might be “the art of doing nothing”.©2023

 

Pondok Cabe, Tangerang Selatan, 25 February, 2023


No comments: